Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wednesday... five days out from production week.

Well I only have two days to finish construction, and budget doesn't really allow for a lot of costume hire, so I've been having to get inventive with costuming, and so far I'm planning to dye several garments in tea and rouche them up to hopefully equate to a 1930 kind of bloomers undies outfit.  These to be mixed up with some slips and bits and pieces..



   30's undies were a mixture of totally cute and sexy tailored bras and corsets, and also there was a trend to go bra less and to let things be free rather than the strapping and binding trends that preceeded.  This info I've garnered in a short period of research so I am by no means an expert.   So I'm happy with the cotton undies kind of effect combined with a few slips and as much as I love corsets, I'm not sure they're quite the right thing...

   Tomorrow evening is our first rehearsal, and then Pack in for the Set is two days after that!  Then we're in Production week..  Goodness.

   So I've been up since six dyeing things in tea, and I'm just going out to pick up some wood and then we have costuming dates with Alison and Celia, two of the six performers I'm lucky enough to have in the show.  I'll introduce you in a minute...   pictures will have to wait..










No comments:

Post a Comment