Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First of all. . .

Vanessa from Stamp who is hosting us here in the Taj Mahal room
 I jumped at the opportunity to develop an installation in the Civic.  One of my favourite heritage buildings in the country.  Clearly we have to be very careful of it!  I don't know why the Civic isn't being used at the moment but because it's closed we need to be chaperoned in the space, an added cost for a low budgie project.
Inhabiting the corridors and
downstairs rooms of the Civic appeals to me very much
 But simply brilliant to sit around a table and listen to everyone's concepts.  All quite ambitious.


The pragmatic part of mine involves creating a large freestanding structure that fits in to the preexisting room...  All the finishings are made of plaster and the floor is carpeted so the only thing I can do in the space is final finalizing, like putting a screws in or something like that.
My first set design plan, -has got progressively more official looking.


 My initial sketches worked like a wish list of how I'd like this to happen...    I completely expected to have a discussion about which aspects wouldn't be affordable.



Clearly there are some life lessons here I need to learn, because obviously it would be best for everyone if I pull out a miracle for $200 building materials and and artists fee of $500, and a company share of the revenue.





So working on pulling out a miracle now.  Makes things more exciting anyway.


Should the miracle come together, it might look a little bit like my colour scheme image here:



No comments:

Post a Comment